5.07.2012

The Setting of an Epic


Div'Ess, a world well into its 6th Age, has been enveloped in an aura of unbroken Peace for nearly 490 years. All major settlements work hard to keep this Peace constant through the Diligence of the Myrmidons. Providing some assistance, however, are the likes of bounty hunters and mercenaries. Sometimes seen as undesirables, they're more willing to get their hands dirty as long as it means getting the job done.
Teniras and his colleague Curtus are both mercenaries barely scrapping by, only catching bounties on minor pick pockets and bandits. But they are about to begin on a mission that not only pulls in a big reward, but also gives them a brief glimpse into activities that have been going on behind the scenes for decades...possibly centuries.
_______________________________________________________________________

So what do you think?
Ok, I may be jumping ahead of myself by saying this will be the next level in the world of Adventure Games, but yes, I'm developing a game, and yes, I'm aiming high. I've been working on VnV for roughly 4 years now, but a lot of development has gone on during the last 2 of those years. I'll get into why I'm doing this, what inspired me, and other philosophical queries in later posts.

But hopefully this may have piqued the interest of a few gamers out there and perhaps the interest of many nongamers. Do not fret, for there is more to come, just don't expect any juicy details or spoilers…You'll have to buy the game for that.

I'm going to try to give you all weekly updates (usually Sundays) on how the game is progressing, as well as divulging little tidbits of interesting info about the creation and the creator. Be sure to tell friends, family, and strangers about VnV. I want to try to receive/utilize input from fans and followers.

And...if VnV reaches the shelves of your local retailer (online or offline), anyone that provided a significant idea, concept, or anything that became fully implemented into the game will receive a free copy. A list will be kept on this blog displaying all contributors and their contribution. Be mindful though, even if I say the concept is interesting, that does not mean I will implement it. There are plenty of good ideas out there, but it would be impossible to pack them all into one game...trust me I've tried.

Be sure to follow me on twitter for real-time updates! @swordlesssaru

1 comment: